Under all is the land. Viewing the world through the lens of your profession is a sign you have a labor of love. Real estate can be defined as raw land or that land with improvements upon and affixed to the land, or growth and resources coming from it. I asked myself what were the most stunning pieces of real estate my eyes had ever seen. In no particular order, here they are.
- The Grand Canyon in Arizona is one of the most impressive natural occurring pieces or real estate. Basically, it is a monstrous act of erosion, formed as flowing water carried away the land over time. I saw it from the busier, southern rim.
- Ground Zero on Manhattan Island is hallowed real estate that evokes emotion and thought that go beyond words. Walking underneath in the museum is mind bending on many levels.
- Crazy Horse Memorial and Mt. Rushmore in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Man has carved these proximate mountains to reflect his pride, but they also tell of his wounds and imperfections.
- Leaning tower of Pisa in Italy-faulted, but standing…a great analogy to the struggle of man to be great and perfect.
- Santorini-Greek Ilse is the crested rim of an ancient volcano.The beauty is beyond compare.
- Crater Lake in Oregon is a lake that formed in the top of a volcano.
- Parthenon-a temple in the Greek Acropolis in Athens, is protected, largely crumbling now, however it survives as a symbol of the origination of Western culture.
- The Jamestown Fort in Virginia-Rudimentary construction, but housing the first citizens of a changing world during times of unspeakable challenges.
- Statue of Liberty near Manhattan, a gift from a friend. Delivered in pieces. Known to all as an aspirational symbol of freedom.
- The Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel crosses 17+ miles of ocean and bay to connect the Eastern Shore to the mainland of Virginia by going under and over the water.
What impressive real estate have you seen? Or wish to see? The Ancient Pyramids? The Eiffel Tower? The Great Wall of China? Stonehenge? Galapagos Islands? Ancient Mayan temples? The South Pole? Mt. Everest? Under all is the land.
Bobby Jankovic, Broker/Owner
1166 Jamestown Rd. Williamsburg, VA 23185
Licensed in Virginia #0225055091
cell (757) 291-1114